Flavors of Philly Food Tour
The Flavors of Philly Tour is great for out-of-towners! Terrific value--Philly history AND full lunch rolled into one great adventure. Features cheesesteaks, tomato pie, soft pretzels, and 2 desserts at the iconic Reading Terminal Market.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: City Food Tours Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Discover Philly's most popular food favorites while getting a taste of the city's rich history and culture! Eat like a local on this fun, casual, Philadelphia themed tour that all of 'youz' are sure to enjoy! This delicious and entertaining tour takes place in the heart of Philadelphia and includes 5 stops. Make room: this is not only a tasting adventure, but a meal that includes classic Philly eats like cheesesteaks and cheese whiz fries, tomato pie, soft pretzels, and two sweet treats from the world-famous Reading Terminal Market!
Get the scoop on Philly’s food history with quirky stories about how some of these iconic foods came to be, and walk away with food in your tummy and some insider tips about the best places to eat like a Philadelphian. This one-of-a-kind tasting experience brings you to where the locals really eat—low-key, no-frills, independently owned gems that share the uniquely unpretentious vibe of the city. In addition to some first class sightseeing, you’ll visit an authentic mom-and-pop pizzeria, a soft pretzel bakery, the historic Reading Terminal Market and much more. This tour is served up with a generous side of humor, Philadelphia history, and a helping of beautiful architecture that includes an up-close look at City Hall—the second-largest government building in the country!
We’ll keep you off the tourist beat, introduce you to places locals love, and immerse you in the culinary experiences that have made Philly foods world-famous.
Not designed for children under the age of 5. Contact us for private tours for children. Content and Schedule subject to change without notice. **In rare circumstances tours may be cancelled due to low attendance.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Reading Terminal Market, 51 N 12th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Alcoholic drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A phone number for a member of your party is required, in case we must contact you for any reason prior to your tour.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- The city of Philadelphia will require all guests to show proof of vaccination upon entry to our restaurants. Masks are required for all guests to wear on our tours. Masks may be lowered or removed when eating or drinking, but are not required when outdoors.
Average 4.67 out of 5 stars based on 21 verified reviews from Cool Philadelphia and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help.
Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Philly expert!
Product code: C-86032P1
Similar Tours & Activities