Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Eastern State Penitentiary Admission
This bundle includes a 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Philadelphia Sightseeing Tour, plus Admission to Eastern State Penitentiary. General Admission tickets include “The Voices of Eastern State” audio tour, hands-on history interactive experiences, history exhibits, and artist installations. If space is available on the day of your visit, you may also reserve a spot at the Admissions Desk for that day’s guide-led tour and discussion at no additional charge. Over its more than 140 years of being actively used as a prison, Eastern State Penitentiary looks back at a turbulent history, with breakouts and riots, and notorious inmates such as Al Capone and Willie Sutton. Eastern State Penitentiary is one of the stops along your route.
During your 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Tour, expert guides offer live commentary as you travel a 1.5-hour loop to 27 different stops highlighting Philadelphia's 100 most popular attractions, including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the US Mint.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Fully narrated tour
Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
Route Duration: 2 days
- 111 S Independence Mall E - City Sightseeing Philadelphia Kiosk at the Bourse Building
Philadelphia Sightseeing Tours / Eastern State Penitentiary / Independence Hall / Liberty Bell Center / Betsy Ross House / United States Mint / National Constitution Center / The African American Museum in Philadelphia / Christ Church / Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts / Rocky Statue / Philadelphia Zoo / Rodin Museum / Reading Terminal Market / City Hall Visitor Center / The Franklin Institute
Operates: This hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour lets you experience the rich history and legendary sights of Philadelphia with ease. Select a single or multi-day pass that allows you to explore Philadelphia with the added value of transportation. Expert local guides offer live commentary as you travel a 1.5-hour loop to 28 different stops highlighting Philadelphia's 100 most popular attractions, including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the US Mint. Aboard the double-decker bus, a 360-degree view of Philadelphia will leave you speechless and entertained while you soak up the history, heritage and beauty of one of America's oldest cities.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 days (Approx.)
- Departure Time: See itinerary
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- 2-Day Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
- Admission to Eastern State Penitentiary, one of the most famous prisons in the world
- Transportation aboard London-style Double Decker Bus
- Experience the prison where notorious inmates such as Al Capone and Willie Sutton were once held
- Eastern State Penitentiary admission includes “The Voices of Eastern State” Audio Tour
- Pass by 100+ Philadelphia Attractions including Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and the US Mint
- Professional Local Guides offer Live Commentary throughout a 1.5-Hour loop to 28 stops
- Hop-On Hop-Off Audio Guides Available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Mandarin
- Entrance fees (unless otherwise noted)
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Eastern State Penitentiary is not climate controlled; please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- You will receive your Eastern State Penitentiary Admission Ticket after checking in for your Hop-On Hop-Off tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We will continue to have safety as our #1 priority as well as your health. Mask will be required with no exceptions and between each tour the Double Decker Buses will be sanitized per State guidelines.
Average 4.63 out of 5 stars based on 8 verified reviews from Cool Philadelphia and TripAdvisor
We enjoyed our 2 day hop on hop off bus tour very much. The tour guides Warren and Edgar were great! Very informative and enjoyable. Highly recommend this tour.
Perfect way to see Philly when you don't have much time to spend! Guides were great and we loved all the options. Spent the first day touring and the second day saw some other stops and Eastern State Pen. Would definitely recommend and book again. Definitely worth the value and an easy way to get around aside from an Uber.
The Eastern State Penitentiary was the highlight of the weekend. What an awesome tour. The city of Philadelphia is a fantastic place to explore. Cannot wait to go back.
Very good value over two days you can decide where to stop and get back on do choose the trip with the state penitentiary. Very interesting
Easy to book online and great overview of the city. Got picked within 20 mins of our hotel and brought to stop 1. Used the passes over 2 days.
We had a great time exploring Eastern State Penietentiary and also the ease of using the hop on hop off bus. The bus was great because not only did it get you from one spot to another it also explained the history of the city. We did go to the city on one of the coldest days in winter so bus schedule was on reduced runs, making it a long cold wait if you missed the pick up time at your spot. It was running every 45 minutes to an hour.
Used the tour service for 2 days. First tour guide was fantastic. So much information. Second day different guide and different attitude. The guy was screaming at people in the streets as we were driving by different sites. Also kept asking those on the tour questions about the tour expecting an answer from someone. When a person got the answer wrong the guy shouted at the person “ you gotta be freaking kidding me “ and gave the answer to the pop quiz. Very cringeworthy!Also tours were not very punctual supposed to be every 20-30 minutes but ended up being 30-40 minutes. Kept asking the reps when the next tour would arrive and was continually told next 2 minutes which ended up be way longer. With today’s technology such as Uber it should not be that hard to have an app that shows real time when the next bus would arrive, this would save you having to stand around for long periods wondering if the next bus will arrive shortly or not. This would help tourists not waste so much time waiting around. Finally when we wanted to get off the bus we headed for the only door that was open and the driver was shouting at us for wanting to use that door. They were expecting us to know how to open the other doors to get off..As if!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Philly expert!
Product code: C-7296P23
Similar Tours & Activities